Welcome to PDViPeR’s documentation!¶
PDViPeR  is a data analysis program developed for use on the Australian Synchrotron (AS) Powder Diffraction (PD) beamline. It takes data captured on the Mythen microstrip detector and performs the following post-processing operations:
- Reads .xye and .xy ASCII columnar data files and writes processed files in .xye format
- Visual comparison of datasets.
- Aligns and merges dataset pairs based on a user-specified alignment region.
- Two merge methods (splice and merge) with normalisation to a specified detector position or reference file.
- Outputs plots suitable for publication or editing: Vertically stacked series, interpolated 2D image and 3D waterfall plots.
- X-axis/abscissa rescaling between 2θ, d-space and Q units.
- General Information
- Python package dependencies
- Example 1. Windows installation using the self-contained executable file (recommended)
- Example 2. Windows installation using Enthought Python Distribution (recommended)
- Example 3. Windows installation using Python(x,y) (optional)
- Example 4. Windows installation on a system with Python already installed (experienced)
- Example 5. Linux installation using Enthought Python Distribution (recommended)
- Example 6. Linux installation using synaptic (experienced)
- Example 7. Mac OSX installation (recommended)
- How to use PDViPeR
- Future development
- About PDViPeR
- .parab and .xy/.xye file formats
This section contains auto-generated documentation extracted from the processing module that contains the interpolation, alignment and merging algorithms.